OT and doctor appointments and highlights, oh my! That's how my week went.
The good news according to my surgeon is that my elbow is, in fact, healing nicely. It may be swollen for close to a year (!). As long as I wear the brace and do the exercises I will continue to get a greater range of motion. I go back in December to see what the scar tissue looks like at that point. Depending on how it looks, he may go back in and clean it up to give me more motion and less stiffness.
That news made me quite relieved. I could stop the personal pity party I was having and concentrate on getting stronger. I have been cleared to lift more weight and I have been given the OK to move.
With that said, I bought a new pair of sneakers.
Let the walking begin.
As promised, he ran straight down the hall to his friends room while screaming.
Today, I propose we dance to some folks I call heroes:
- my surgeon
- my Occupational Therapists
- Derek Jeter (clap-clap-clapclapclap!)
- my friend Nancy who is now 50% done with her radiation treatments
- my friend Eileen who biked a million miles (250) for the Tour de Pink East Coast Ride last week
- my friend Ellen who biked and swam a quarter of a million miles for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- All of *you*
Feel free to add people to the list, turn up the music and dance for them!
They don't see it
‘Cos they don't understand
Spin around and run for hours
You and me we got the world in our hands