Dr. Manisha Patel-Smith - Who would have suspected that finding a chiropractor, who takes my insurance, and who practices myofascial release therapy, would be so life changing. Holy Moly Batman. Someone described it to me as "hurts so good" because of course, first there is intense pressure on my muscles followed by sweet relief. Yes, I still have some pain, but I figure I've been living with it for so long it will take a while for it to be "fixed."
Mital Khatri LAc RN - WHY haven't I done acupuncture before?! Oh. My. Fantasticness. I had a little trepidation; let's face it, it's a lot of needles. But, compared to the pain in my Achilles, how much worse could it be? It was nothing! AND, for the first time in close to TWELVE YEARS (yes, you read that right) I walked without pain immediately after leaving her office. Mital takes insurance. HUGE bonus.
Getting my own cards read - I was at a wonderful shop, The Dreaming Goddess, in Poughkeepsie, NY in February and purely by accident (there are no accidents) the psychic on staff had a cancellation YEAH for me! Since then, I have been going to see Shyla once a month. I usually go with an open mind and no particular questions churning in my head. And I can say, each month, SO much is revealed and so much is confirmed and I get all fired up for what's coming next. I am absolutely on the right path and I couldn't be more excited to see what happens from day to day. It will NOT all be pretty or easy, but, as my quote above reminds me, I want to live my life exactly as I please. Without causing too much pain for anyone, of course.
Dance Parties are FUN - thanks to the aforementioned women, I was able to dance with wild abandon last night. AND, let me tell you, the youngsters in the place were jumping into our circle and loving dancing with us. We taught a thing or two to the men and women in their 20's & 30's, I can assure you. I highly suggest putting on your boogie shoes and releasing some stress on the dance floor! (In my case it was flip-flops.)
- Laundry does not fold itself.
- The grill is a marvelous invention.
- Jo Anna's coleslaw recipe is the bomb. (Pre-made Dole's coleslaw, Marie's yogurt coleslaw dressing, dried cranberries and toasted, slivered almonds.)
- Going our on a whim shopping for a prom dress for Bella was a true delight. I love this kid.
- Having breakfast with Peter one morning this week, was an equal delight. I love this kid.
- I have an amazing support system. I know many people do not. I don't take it for granted. One of the things I realized over the course of this week is that is what I want Creating Community Sunday's to be about. A place to add to, build, or start a support system.
What do you say
Is this the time
For one more try
At a happy life