You who gives so effortlessly
with such ease,
and such grace....
As if the steps of the heart just
flowed from every muscle in your body
and I am amazed
that you, let me, fumble along beside you.
~ Women Supporting Women 2013
I could write a long, involved, dissertation type of post here, and the truth is, it still wouldn't tell the story of our weekend retreat.
What happens at a retreat, STAYS in your hearts and heads and it does not leave your mouth unless it's being shared with someone else who was there. It's a rule. The exception are the statements below - because they don't incriminate anyone (although you know who you are...) and I want you to get a feel for the Warrior Goddesses who rocked the house.
If you have never experienced a retreat of any kind, I encourage you to start saving for one. Because, if all goes according to plan, it enriches your life, nourishes your soul, fills you with joy, and makes you ache for the next one.
For ME, it was a weekend of love. It was a weekend of tears. It was a weekend of laughter. It was a weekend of dancing. It was a weekend of yoga and one nature hike, where we may have gone close to six miles. It was a weekend of three fireplaces stoked and welcoming. It was a weekend of wine. And food. And cookies. It was a weekend of shared confidences. It was a weekend of healing.
It was my debut as a card reader. It came about as a surprise and a delight. I used my little angel cards. Cara's sister gave her the Doreen Virtue Magical Unicorn Cards and damn if they weren't EXACTLY the perfect cards to use in conjunction with my own.
A few of my favorite statements from the weekend:
- Surrender your head to your heart.
- You are a warrior goddess. OK, fine. And a princess.
- "No Talking Please"
- If I had your hair I would have been a rock star.
- There are the most delicious veggie burgers I have ever had in my life in there. They are so good I am asking for the recipe. - TEN MINUTES LATER - OH....they're made with beef and vegetables?!
- I'm sorry I made you do that again, but it was a perfect photo op.
- The perfect day - cry, laugh, love.
- I drove seven hours to get here. I have never missed a retreat.
- I love you.
- You are FAR more interesting than your outside appearance would ever make me think.
- I am sorry, but I cannot have sex with you. LOOK at your pajamas.
- Thank you.
- Until next year.
When we gathered for yoga this morning, we waited outside the room until Cara called us in.
She had this song on as we entered. I don't believe there was a dry eye in the house.
It perfectly expresses how this weekend went.
Memories were made. Hearts were healed. Risks were taken. Friends were made. Life was affirmed. Laughter was in abundance. More than one person stood proudly in their own power. LOVE. It was the word of the weekend.
Thank you to Cara and Candace and the other 18 women who bravely joined together to release that which does not serve us and to love as one.