I laughed out loud.
I SO got it. We've ALL been there.
This thing called life certainly can throw us curve balls when we least expect them. You start the day with certain expectations and then, it's the end of the day and it's turned navy blue. And a half.
- You get a diagnosis that takes you down to your knees.
- Your kid, spouse, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousin, best friend gets a diagnosis that takes you down to your knees.
- You go to Hawaii on vacation and your mama has a stroke.
- You have a fender bender.
- It snows. Again. And again. Oh, and one more time for kicks.
- There's water in your Magic Basement.
- You burn dinner.
- Fuck it, you don't even make dinner.
- You get a job. You hate the job. You're stuck.
- You lose your job.
- You wait and you wait and you wait to get on an organ transplant list.
- You have no heat. You have no air conditioning.
- You don't get into the school you wanted.
- Someone cuts you off, beeps their horn at you and gives you the finger.
- You trip and fall.
- Someone you love dies.
- You get divorced.
- You have an empty nest.
That's the real, much more painful side of life.
And then, there's the good stuff...
- Modern medicine works.
- Eastern medicine works.
- You see the most glorious sunset of your life.
- You HAVE medical coverage.
- At least the car wasn't totaled.
- The crocuses start to poke up.
- It dries.
- Two Brothers Pizza. They can fix any meal.
- You get a job you love.
- You get the organ.
- The oil company comes and voila, you've got heat.
- The plumber comes and you've got AC.
- You end up at exactly THE right school for you.
- You smile at the person losing their mind in the car.
- You get up and brush it off.
- Someone you love has a baby.
- You fall in love. Again. As an adult.
- You can finally have that craft room you always wanted.
It's perspective. I am so much a glass half full woman, but I do get down in the dumps, so looking at life from this perspective makes the shitty days less shitty.
Have whatever your favorite color is kind of day. And thanks, Katya, for bringing it all home.
Don't run away
Hey baby it's only life
Don't lose your faith
Don't run away
Hey baby its only life
Yea it's only life