- Look people in the eye when they walk in the door
- Say "Hello!"
- Offer people coffee, tea, hot cocoa or water
- Listen to their stories
- Call the clients by name
- Move the fan to the lobby even if you are melting so the clients don't
- Have the half and half ready for the clients who love it
- More often than not, someone really needs a hug
- Packets of change of a $20 make the desk move right along
- Always offer a follow up appointment even though 75% of the population flies by the seat of their pants
- Stand up when the time comes to check out a client
- Sit down to take their next appointment
- Triple check the day of the week with the date when writing out an appointment card
- Teenage girls all want their hair to their hip bones
- The right product DOES make a difference
- TIP your shampoo girl - ESPECIALLY if they helped with color or highlights
- TIP your stylist
- How much to tip? Basically, 20% or more if we rocked it
- $5 for the shampoo girl if she gave you the scalp massage of scalp massages
- There are no breaks for lunch or the bathroom
- Make eye contact when five people are checking out and four people are checking in
- Give a tour to every new client
- The people getting colored on Friday mornings love that People and Us magazine get delivered and they get first dibs
- Your hair salon provides you with therapy - relax and enjoy it
- What's said at the beauty parlor STAYS at the beauty parlor
- Occasionally, there really IS a hair emergency
- Relax, it's only hair, it WILL grow back
- Of course we can fix the color issue that happened when you tried to do something by yourself and you weren't sure what to do
- OHHhhhhh - you cut your own bangs...yes, we can fix that too
- Eyebrows, lip and chin - AKA the face wax trifecta
- After a facial, the client is a little delirious in an awesome way
- "Let me talk to a stylist and see if I can squeeze you in..."
- Color and a cut, or color and a blow dry?
- Full foils or half? Does the aluminum foil go from ear to ear or does it go around your head so that when you throw it into a pony tail it looks pretty everywhere?
- Thank you so much for coming, we'll see you again soon
- Have a great weekend!
With love from the front desk,
I've had enough
This is my prayer
That I'll die livin' just as free as my hair
I can't wait for her new album...