I headed into the "Old Mail" files of AOL (yes, I still have an AOL account) and finally clicked on the many links to excellent articles, videos and songs I was sent. I read all of them. And then I finally deleted them. Here are a few things of note.
Apparently I have grammar issues. I know that. And I own it.
(I love CAPS, bold, italics and "quotation marks.")
For an educationally fun journey into grammar rules, I highly suggest "Weird Al" Yankovic's new video "Word Crimes." (4 million plus hits overnight)
Have you seen the video of Dozer the Dog at the Marathon? It's FABULOUS. I suggest tissues.
I gave birth to a boy who has wanted to be a Yankee since he was knee high to a grasshopper. THIS COMMERCIAL is one of the finest commercials I have ever seen. It pays tribute to Derek Jeter. Keep the tissues handy.
I have read more books in three weeks than I have read in three years. Two have made an impact for different reasons.
Still Life With Breadcrumbs by Anna Quindlen is a gorgeous novel of a sixty year old woman's summer. It touches on the many aspects of family, aging parents, money and starting over.
Cure for the Common Break Up by Beth Kendrick literally had me laughing out loud on my couch. She is so witty and so funny and her characters are a riot. It is the perfect read for a plane, train, beach, or broken bone healing.
In other news:
- My OT feels pain is NOT necessary while getting a better ROM (Range of Motion) and that I am doing very well. YEAH Laura!
- Bella has made it to Alaska. MANY hours late but they are there.
- Today I will get a massage with the talented Jen Pellingra and my shoulder issue will disappear.
- Anita makes over the top delicious Irish Soda Bread that I do not share and she believes that is wrong. Oh well.
- The dinners we have eaten have expanded my palate and have been truly delicious. We are SO grateful.
- Getting your hair blown out is a treat.
Speaking of Anita - in one of her emails she suggested I listen to this song. She too loves MCC. And since I am headed to Colorado next week to see her with Trish at the Red Rock Amphitheater it worked in nicely for today.
Lastly, when I listened to this song, it reminded me of the guest blog piece on Momastery yesterday. I know of a number of people who will get great peace by reading it.
Whatever scares you - do it anyway.
Look to the tremendous women (and men) you know to show you what strength sometimes looks like.
Have the best Thursday.
Let time do it's healing
Say prayers for good measure
When you think you've lost all feeling