She was born on Friday the 13th a few years ago.
She taught me kindness, goodness, love, laughter, how to dance on a random Friday, and about a zillion other things. I spent the majority of my teen years rolling my eyes at her. Payback, is indeed, a bitch.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Love you lots and lots ~ here's to many more!
I would LOVE it if you would send some birthday wishes her way via this post. She would adore that. xo
Some of the comments from the staff have been hilarious.
- What's with the elevator music? (This was from Tom, the UPS driver!)
- I. LOVE. This. Song.
- This song makes me feel like I have just put my kitten to sleep and am curled up in a ball in tears. (It was Air Supply, for the record.)
- WHAT'S with THIS music? You're killing me.
- MAKE IT STOP.
- I'm twirling!
- OK. FINE. I like THIS song.
- Colleen WILL like this song, I bet. (She did.)
In addition to the comments and notes that have been left on my desk, we also have an intercom system; some of these doozies have been dialed to me from the back room to the command center AKA the front desk. Or from the sinks to the hub AKA the front desk.
Sometimes, you just HAVE to mix it up.
(We won't even talk about the afternoon I changed it to jazz...)
So, when THIS song came on while I was getting my hair cut yesterday, I said to Kathy and Leslie, you heard it here - THIS is the Friday dance song!
Make your hair big, get out your shoes and dance, it's 1979!
(I know, you wish you worked somewhere half as fun!)
Cause tonight it's all the way
Turn up the old Victrola
Gonna dance the night away