What a difference a year makes.
Certain pages need a face lift.
I still haven't gotten the knack of Twitter.
I did add an Instagram account, but haven't done too much with that either.
Oh, I updated LinkedIn...a year ago.
My favorite medium remains blogging and Facebook.
My mission remains the same, BUT, now I know what I want in greater detail and I am certain I am on the right track to make it all happen.
Basically, I want a B&B to function as a retreat center.
- I want to lead retreats.
- I want others to use the space to lead retreats as well.
- I want enough bedrooms and bathrooms for people to be comfortable.
- I want a room dedicated to massage/Reiki/acupuncture that can be used by a practitioner who may not have their own space.
- I want a room dedicated to yoga - maybe then I might practice it on my own...
- I want a room dedicated to arts and crafts.
- I want a working kitchen with a massive table for people to eat at.
- I want comfy, cozy couches and a fireplace and over sized chairs and rockers and 8,000 blankets.
- I want the whole place wired for sound.
Is that asking too much? I don't think so.
There is a certain level of calmness and serenity that is inherent in my Magic Basement. There is a comfort level that happens as soon as people come in. There is safety and warmth and wonder. The deep breaths, laughter, tears and shared experiences make this a great space.
Many people have contributed to the creature comforts down here and I love to tell the stories of how I got some of the items and I especially love when the people themselves are HERE and can see just what they have added to the place. It is inviting and marvelous and indeed, quite magical.
I have met so many people in this year and seriously, to have someone offer me their home for the first retreat is a HUGE deal. xoxoxo
THANK YOU for taking this journey with me. Some of you have been reading since the first posts. If you are like me and the blogs I read, you may skip some days and then play catch up. You may get it delivered to your mail. (Go up on the right and sign up.) You may find it via FB pr Pinterest. However you got here - thank you, thank you, thank you.
I can't even fathom where I'll be next year at this time!
THANK YOU one and all for the visits, the conversation, the wine donations, the olive spread and crackers, the coffee, cider and LOVE.
Never give in
Never let a ray of doubt slip in
And if I fall
I'll never fail
I'll just get up and try again