As 2013 was winding down I realized I didn't want to make any resolutions. I didn't want to set any goals.
Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I don't want to accomplish certain things. But I don't want to write or say anything as an "absolute" as I have discovered life is full of too many curve balls.
With that said, here are few of my thoughts for 2014:
- LOVE always wins. It matters. It counts. It kicks the ass of anything evil as long as you remember the first sentence.
- KINDNESS goes such a long way. It is far easier to be kind than nasty; brighten your own day and the day of someone else with the simple act of saying, "good morning," or holding a door, or smiling at them.
- MISTAKES are learning tools. They are awful while you are in the midst of it, but when the end of the days draws near, hopefully you will have learned something, anything, that makes the angst worth it.
- GIVE. Of your time, your energy, your prayers, your money.
- SLEEP. Get enough. Tired people equal cranky people.
- MOVE. I moved through pain this year. Then I stopped. THAT WAS BAD. So, move.
- DANCE. On Friday's. With whatever the song is I put up.
- WRITE about what freaks you out, what makes you happy, what encourages you, what saddens you. Just get it out of your system. Do NOT hit send unless it will uplift the person you are writing to.
- DO something that scares you once in a while. Conquer it.
I encourage you, as always to share in the comments or on the FB page or via text, email or a phone call with me and with the others who hang out here. I promise you, it's good for your soul.