There are magazines to read. Books to read. A need to just sit still and be.
I invite you to do the same...even if:
- you've been up since 6:00am because your kids, who have to be dragged out of bed during the school week, believe that's the perfect time to be up on a Sunday
- you've been at a hockey rink for early morning practice or a game
- you've been at soccer since the wee hours of the day
- you've been to the gym and already sweated out some stress
- you're a natural early morning riser
- you've been to mass
Make time today to rest. And if you can pamper yourself as well you will have completed yesterday AND today's words!
Take five. Take a catnap. Take a break. Rest. Turn off the computer, turn of the lights, turn off the phone, and rest. Bring it all to a slow and quiet halt. For a little while, rest. Ask someone else to cover for you while you rest. Listen to soothing music while you rest. The children can occupy themselves while you rest. While you wait for the water to boil, rest your feet. While you wait for your date to show up, rest your eyes. No one is watching the clock, so just rest. When you're weary to the core, it's your soul that needs rest. When your energy flags, give your body some rest. The permission is there; now just take it and rest. The rest of the world will go on a rest while you rest.
Let them rest
I ain't in no hurry, no hurry at all